Village Development Society (VDS) was established in 1997 under the society act 1860 to fulfill the gapes of knowledge, facilities, awareness, resources etc of the less privileged rural population. Also for making a good sense of responsibility toward the environment of earth and the people of the society.
VDS is associated with
• NYKS (Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangthan)
• UCOST (Uttrakhand Council of Science and Technology)
• NCSTC (National Council for Science and Technology Communication)
• NABARD (National bank for agriculture and rural development)
REWARDS AND RECOGNISATIONS
District Youth Award” by Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan Haridwar in 2008/09
Best Partner Award” by FVTRS (Functional Vocational Training & Research Society) Bangalore
We are the second best performer in UDAAN ARSH program in 2012-13
Strength of Organization
- Sound-vibrant and dynamic Managing Committee
- Dedicated experienced members and volunteers
- Computer with skilled staff
- Transparent computerized accounting system
- Support of well-wishers like renowned lecturers, doctors, teachers & professionals
- To organize various programs for the overall development of society (viz. education, health, sanitation, social, economic and environmental)
- To make policies and implement them for the overall development of women, child, old and adolescents.
- Encourage sports and physical education.
- To develop youngster’s interest towards moral values like national unity, art, culture, community development, togetherness, leadership, labor and respect.
- Organize programs based on horticulture, water and natural resources.
- To help and empower old, handicapped, widow and destitute people.
- Promote and encourage modern and technical education.
- Encourage and educate food processing industry.
- Help in the eradication of bad practices in the society ( gender bias, child marriage, dowry, child labor, drug intake)
- Work for cultural upgradation.
- Social map preparation by involving local people
- Technical development and promotion of traditional energy resources.
- To aware for continuous development based on local resources.
- To facilitate activities towards education, health awareness, agricultural technicalities and entrepreneurial skill within socio-economically margin communities.
- To spread awareness among women with regards to their socio-economic and political rights while developing skill sets to provide empowerment.
- To train youth about perspectives about social values, social service, self independence while funding for better
- livelihood options by utilizing local resources.
Core Areas of Working
- Local Livelihood Promotion & Protection Programs
- Community Health Education Programs
- Women Empowerment & Child Right
- Organic Farming & Pure Drinking Water Prevention
- Environment and Water Conservation
- Sanitation Awareness Program
- Micro Finance Management & SHG Promotion
- Farmers Rights and Development Program
- Economical Education and Rural Development Planning etc